A key pillar of our Mission is to bring the benefits of the forest into people’s lives. There is a lot of scientific evidence to suggest that spending time a natural environment has many benefits and can help our physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
However, as never before in our history, our connection with nature is diminishing as we lead more urban lifestyles and our children play out less. At Forest Holidays we bring nature back into people’s lives and open up a world of wild outdoor play for children.
- In the UK, more than 80% of us live in towns and cities and find ourselves increasingly separated from the natural world
- Forests and the nature are good for us and can reduce stress and improve our health
- Children spend half as much time outdoors today as the generation before them but natural play is essential for children’s healthy development
- At Forest Holidays we immerse our guests in the forest environment. We have a range of Forest Ranger activities and we educate our guests about nature and conservation
- Thousands of children every month come on a Forest Holiday and for many it is a joyous discovery of a world of bugs and den-building, woodland wildlife and childhood freedom
For us the forest is an exciting adventure that we want to share with people. Our guests genuinely feel a reconnection with the natural world that is restorative and uplifting. There is a sense of nostalgia as they watch their children get muddy and happy, and everybody leaves with a renewed interest in nature.
Absolutely loved it, such a relaxing place, loved the low key and relaxing atmosphere, listening to the birds, watching the deer, the lovely walks.
– Tripadvisor reviewer, Keldy